Its all happening in a hurry. The vortex rushed up the coast and the axis slide down to almost central India. Normally this would have taken place by Tuesday.
Monday 27th: Cool day not going over 26/27c.
Intermittent heavy rains in the day, with potential floodings in low areas. Rains should decrease in intensity by late noon. commuting and mobility will be better and easier by evening. Night will get a few showers again.Rain Amount till 5.30 pm 75-90 mms and another 25 mms by 8.30 am Tuesday (Average).
Actual Rain 8.30am-5.30pm (Monday) Colaba 66 mms, Vagaries 55 mms, Scruz 45 mms.Alibag measured 78 mms.
Tuesday 28th: As the vortex lingers, the rainfall will be less on Tuesday. Heavy showers though will break in occasionally, but not prolonged to cause flooding. Lessening even further today. Rain Amount: 30-40 mms (Average).
Wednesday 29th: Cloudy with 3/4 showers. Definite decrease in intensity, but still will manage 25-30 mms(average).
Latest Development as on Monday Morning:
1. Monsoon Axis slides South, almost running thru 25N line across India.
2. The vortex in the West coast trough moves north and is off Goa Coast. Sliding up along the Karnataka coast last 24 hrs precipitating good rains.
3. Vortex at -30 depth. Forecast was estimated by vagaries over region by Tuesday originally.
4. Boosting of trough and axis line rains possible with strengthening MJO in our region and "Tembin" pulse should bring in the next Low as mentioned.
5. Good precipitation expected along Konkan. Initially restricted upto Konkan, not advancing into Gujarat today.
Next Update follows around 1 pm
Mumbai Scruz saw overnight rains of 36 mms and Colaba 28 mms. Thane 44 mms and Panvel 38 mms.
Low temp was 24.2c at Colaba, a welcome relief after sweltering hot nights. Pressure drops to 1005 hpa in the morning reading.
Monday will see intermittent showers, heavy and flooding low areas. Rain amount next 9 hrs: 55-75 mms.
Rainfall from 8.30 am - 9.40 am (Monday)...25 mms (vagaries)
Mumbai 3 day Forecast coming up shortly....