- Revised IMD Rainfall Normals..And how the new Normals would compare this year ( 2022).
- The New IMD All-India rainfall southwest monsoon season normal is based on Data from 1971-2020. For the SWM Season ( June-September) is 868.6 mms. It will replace the earlier normal of 880.6 mms based on the period 1961-2010.
- Thus there is a decrease of 12.0 mm season and 16.8 mm in annual rainfall 2010 to 1971-2020.
- IMD estimate of SWM this year 2022 is 99% ..or Normal which ranges from 96%-104% of current values.
- So 2022 expected to reach 858 mms as per changed norms. This would mean 97% of the older Normal.
- That fit just in the Normal range 96% - 104%
- Normal range is quite large : 833 mms- 902 mms (New )
- & 845 mms - 916 mms ( old )
- The New All-India annual compared to earlier normal of based on Data from 1971-2020 is 1160.1 mms. It will replace the earlier normal of 1176.9mm based on the period 1961-2010.
Tuesday, April 26, 2022
27th September Night: The UAC ( shown in 25th post Image), will on September 28, be over parts of West Bengal, Odisha, and some parts of No...