A combination of High pressure at mid tropospheric levels and easterly surface winds , causing the dry heat at Mumbai .. Relief from Monday as not only the high pressure will disintegrate but also the surface winds will change from hot easterlies to mild north westerlies.
- Mumbai Colaba & Santacruz recorded 37.5 c today .
- Colaba came close to it's all time February record of 38.3 c set way back on 28 Feb 1949. Santacruz February record is 39.6 c set way back on 25 Feb 1966.
- Ratnagiri was the hottest in Asia today at 38.9 c. Almost touched it's all time February record of 39 c .
- The minimum temps at Gujarat were above normal by 5 to 7 c .. At South Konkan /Goa , minimum temps were below normal by 2 to 3 c .
- At Gujarat , Vallabh vidyanagar @ 38.8c , Surat @ 38.2 c , Rajkot @38 c , Junagarh AWS @ 37.5 c
- Meanwhile, East coast was having fine weather .. Gopalpur @ 30/19 , Chennai @ 32/19