Severe Cyclone Vardah ,"I am in the bay ,getting the power by guzzling moisture ."
Peninsular India ," You suck the moisture and be on cloud nine ,for the time being my weather will be dry,sunny and fine ."
1) With severe Cyclone Vardah in the bay guzzling the moisture , the Indian peninsula has been rendered sunny,dry and lower than normal min temps have been recorded in the peninsular states and parts of central India (MP).
- Bijapur (Karnataka) has recorded min temp of 7.5 c today morning (10 degrees below normal).
- Adilabad (Telangana) has recorded min temp of 6 c today morning .
- Ahmadnagar (Maharashtra) / Rewa (MP) have recorded min temp of 5.6 c today morning.
- Betul / Umaria (MP) have recorded min temp of 6 c today morning .Yesterday, Damoh had recorded 4.4 c
- Anantapur (AP) has recorded min temp of 12.7 c today morning .
- Valpoi AWS(Interior Goa) has recorded min temp of 13.2 c today morning.
- Chennai AP(Tamilnadu) has recorded min temp of 19.5 c today morning.
- Palghar AWS (Mumbai region) has recorded min temp of 11.7 c today morning.
2) The dry weather has caused significant swings in day and night temps right upto the coast, with Vengurla (coastal Maharashtra) recording 20 c daily range .Valpoi's (Interior Goa) daily temp range was over 22 c.
- Most places in the interior peninsula have recorded daily temp swings of over 20 c , with the semi-arid city of Ahmadnagar (Maharashtra) recording daily temp swing of over 25 c .
3) As severe Cyclone Vardah will approach the east coast (for prediction refer the post of Rajesh sir below) , the associated cloudiness is expected to increase the min temps of peninsular India in the coming days.
4) Many cities in Maharashtra have recorded below 10 c min temps.Refer the map below of Maharashtra and surrounding areas (click and enlarge for better view..best viewed on smartphone)