Vagaries of the Weather...situation and scenario is contradicting all parameters of the Monsoon.
1. Very favourable SW winds for Bay Branch advance.
2. Arabian Sea branch cross equatorial winds still weak.
3. A developing low pressure in South Arabian Sea will keep the SW winds enveloping the system, while only a weak " break away" winds will hit Kerala Coast.
Hence, possibly a "Weak Monsoon current " will move into Kerala by 5-7th June.
5. Currently the required heat in central and NW India is largely insufficient to form a favourable Monsoon gradient.
6. As system AS 1 strengthens, it may restrict the Monsoon advance for 4/5 days hence.
7. Further advance upto Konkan does not seem till 14th/16th June.
Maybe 16th/17th June in Madhya Maharashtra and Marathwada.
Constant review will be kept and monitoring done for further changes.
Outlook for next 4 days👇
*Hot, humid with partly cloudy skies.
*Humidity will bring discomfort and sweaty real feel to 40°c.
*Pre monsoon showers ( in some parts) can be expected after 6th June.
On 2nd June, Mumbai was 34.5°c..and Matheran 35.2°c !
Pune: Cloudy and chances of thundershowers in the evening. Temperature range between 39°~ 21°c.
Goa: Though Monsoon not till around mud June, some pre monsoon thundershowers expected next week.
But humid and stuffy weather. 🤧
Gujarat: No major rain, except some localised pop ups in Gujarat Region.
Temperatures around 40/42° in Saurashtra and North Gujarat Region.
Bharuch hot at 40°c and 27/38°c at night.